1. User’s Information to be Collected and Method of Collection
For purposes of this Policy, “User’s Information” means information that identifies users, history of actions on communication services and other information created or accumulated in relation to user or users’ devices, which shall be collected by the Project pursuant to this Policy.
Depending on the method of collection, the User’s Information that we may collect for a user to use the Services includes:
(1) information provided by the user, including:
- date of birth;
- e-mail address;
- other information entered by the user into such form as specified by the Project;
(2) information provided from services outside the Services to the extent that the user permits for use with the Services;
The Project may collect the following information from services outside the Services, including but not limited to social network services, to the extent the user permits for use with the Services at that time:
- ID used by the user for such outside service; and
- other information that the user has authorized the other service provider to disclose through its privacy settings in such outside service;
(3) information collected by the Project for the use by the user of the Services
The Project may collect information upon access to or use of the Services, including:
- terminal information
- log information
- cookies and anonymous ID; and
- location information
2. Purpose of Use
2.1 The User’s Information may be used not only for provision of the Services as provided in Section 2-2, but for other purposes as provided in Section 2-3.
2.2 Specific purposes of the User’s Information for the provision of the Services shall include the following:
- provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of the Services, including but not limited to acceptance of registration of the Services, identification of individuals and computation of use fees;
- guidance or response to inquiries relating to the Services;
- addressing a violation of rules, regulations or policies relating to the Services (the “Rules”)
- notice of any modification to the Rules; and
- other purposes incidental to the foregoing.
2.3 Purposes other than those specified in Section 2.2 above shall be as indicated below:
|Purpose of Use||Corresponding User’s Information|
|(1) creating statistical data relating to the Services, in a form that cannot identify an individual;||◦ device information ◦ log information ◦ Cookies and anonymous ID ◦ location information|
|(2) delivering or displyaing advertisements of the Project or third parties; and||◦ device information ◦ log information ◦ Cookies and anonymous ID ◦ location information|
|(3) other marketing||◦ name ◦ e-mail address ◦ date of birth ◦ other information input by users in the form specified by the Project|
3. Method of Notice, Publication and Permission: Method of Discontinuance of the Use
3.1 The user’s permission must be obtained before collecting the following User’s Information:
- terminal information; and
- location information
3.2 If the user specifies a certan setting, the user is entitled to require the Project to and the Project shall immediately, discontinue the use of any or all of the User’s Informaiton, in accordance with such rules as may be from time to time prescribed by the Project. Depending on the item of the User’s Information, if such collection or use is required for the Services, the Project may not be able to discontinue such collection unless the user withdraws from the Services pursuant to the procedures as determined by the Project.
4. Outside Transmissions; Provision to Third Parties: Information Collection Modules
In order to distribute targeted advertisements using the User’s Information, the following information collection module is incorporated into the Services. Thus, the Project provides the User’s Information to the provider of such information collection module in accordance with the following:
|(1) Name of Information Collection Module:||None (as of May 5, 2015)|
|(2) Provider of Information Collection Module:||the same as above|
|(3) Items of User’s Information to be Provided:||the same as above|
|(4) Means and the Methods of Provision:||the same as above|
|(5) Purposes of Use by Provider:||the same as above|
|(6) Whether or not Provider Intends to Provide Information to Third Parties:||the same as above|
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless required by the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws regulations, the Project shall not provide to any third party personal information contained in the User’s Information without the prior consent of the user, unless:
- The project authorizes such third party to handle the personal information in whole or in part to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use;
- The personal information is provided through a business transfer by way of merger or other similar transactions;
- The personal information is provided to a provider of an information collection module pursuant to Section 4 hereof;
- The Project is required to cooporate with state or local governmental organizations or their agents to perform their duties or obligations pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, and such performance is likely to be precluded if the consent of the user must be obtained; and
- In addition to the foregoing, the Project is entitled to disclose information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations.
6. Joint Use
The Project may jointly use personal information as follows:
|⑴ Items of Personal Information to be Jointly Used:||none (as of May 5, 2015)|
|⑵ Party to Jointly Use Personal Information:||the same as above|
|⑶ Purposes of Joint Use:||the same as above|
|⑷ Name of Prty Responsible for User’s Information:||the same as above|
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon request from the user to disclose its personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act, the Project shall, without delay, disclose to the user such information after confirming its identity (or notify it of the non-existence of such personal information), to the extent required to do so pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that you must pay a commission (1,000 yen per application) for disclosure of personal information.
8. Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
8.1 If the Project is required by the user to (1) correct the content of personal information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act because such information is false, or (2) suspend use of personal information because such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or has been collected in a fraudulent or otherwise illicit manner, then the Project shall, without delay, conduct an appropriate investigation after confirming the requesting party’s identity, and based upon the results, correct the content or suspend the use of such personal information, and notify the party to that effect. The user shall also be notified of any determination, if applicable, not to correct or suspend the use of such information, together with the justification for such determination.
8.2 In the event that Project is required by the user to delete its personal information and has determined that it is necessary to accept such request, the Project shall delete such personal information confirming the requesting party’s identity and shall notify the party to that effect.
8.3 Should the Project not be obligated to correct, or suspend use of, information pursuant to the Personal Information Act and other applicable laws and regulations, the preceding paragraphs shall not apply.
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of the User’s Information must be submitted to:
This Policy shall be executed in the Japanese language, Japanese shall be the governing language and any translation of this Policy into any other language is for convenience of reference only and shall not bind the parties hereto.
[Prescribed on May.7,2015]